Monday, July 6, 2009

Entry for July 6 Morning

I woke up today, and was glad that I remembered that I wanted to bring focus to my life. Will writing blog posts every few hours in a day help keep focus? Who knows? But I want to try doing it.

Today is Darshit's birthday. I talked to him in the morning, and I will be talking again to him a bit later in the day.

Most important things in life;
1. Health - this means exercise and diet.
2. Self-esteem - this means doing a lot of things in the short term - including keeping up one's words and commitments; it also means engaging in challenging tasks and meeting the challenges.
3. Meaning - To do something that somehow means something to you. For me, it is circadianbase, I think or I hope.
4. Joy - Have fun in life.
5. Peace - Be at peace with yourself and those around you - this really means not getting angry or irritated.
6. Direction - this really means that there is a long term direction to your life and you are doing everything towards it. Eventually, you will get there, but the life while you are getting there is as important as getting there. So, I have 1 to 6 as higher priorities than 6.
.............................................

Plan for today:
1. Help Andy with forum editor.
2. Help Takashi with immuno-positive cells.
3. Prepare for journal club tomorrow.
4. Talk to Vardhan regarding my tax
5. Blog at noon, 3pm, 6 pm and 9pm so that I am in touch with what I want to do today.

........................................

No comments: